finished my first legitimate drafting project so I figured I’d show y’all what I spend all my time on in college! This took upwards of 20 hours; I constructed the axonometric (3-D) drawing using given elevations and floor plan. Everything was done by hand using 4H drafting lead.
(Let me clarify - when I say “by hand” I mean “not with a computer” as opposed to “not using any equipment”)
To give some idea of scale - the size of the floor plan in real life is almost exactly the size it appears on the screen. The little room planned out on the middle right is approximately a square inch in area IRL. The detail shown in the middle is about 1”x1.5”x1.5” IRL. (Try viewing the middle three in close up form! There are details in there that you will not see unless you zoom a bit)
This is a house in Seaside, Florida, designed by Leon Krier.
- kitty-squid likes this
- mai3coh reblogged this from thestalwartbulwark and added:
- henelnicol1 reblogged this from thestalwartbulwark and added:
- henelnicol1 likes this
- the-curious-fox likes this
- alive-asleep likes this
- artms-saba likes this
- thoughtsofanewborn likes this
- jjuar likes this
- raccupine likes this
- outsideonarainyday likes this
- laviefictive reblogged this from thestalwartbulwark and added:
- perceptionne likes this
- mermaid-pug said:holy crap dude this looks awesome!!! i’m always so baffled by architecture and how flawless the lines and perspective are!!
- mermaid-pug likes this
- nickymcmarlow likes this
- thestalwartbulwark posted this